Friday, August 14, 2009

Beautiful Petra

Where we stayed - Shara Mountains Hotel


We'd hired a driver from Madaba to drive us down to Wadi Musa via the King's Highway, with stops along the way. We stopped at the lookout to view the breathtaking Wadi Mujib, it's a spectacular valley about 1km deep and over 4km from edge to edge. We also paid a quick visit to Karak, an ancient Crusader castle.

Wadi Mujib

I had been looking forward to visiting Petra for AGES, so I was pretty excited when we finally arrived in Wadi Musa. We made sure we had a early night, so that we could be up at crack of dawn to go and visit Petra before it got too hot.

Petra is simply amazing. I think my favourite part was walking though the Siq then catching my first glimpse of the Treasury... It's beautiful.





2 comments:

  1. is it expensive to get taxi drivers to take you guys around????

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool mia did you enjoy the horse ride?

    ReplyDelete